Are you planning to run a marathon, scale a mountain, swim some rough waters, undertake a cycling adventure, or participate in a fun run or walk, or know anyone that is?
If so, why not do so in the name of SCAI and ask people to support Kanchan and the 85 other children in support of your efforts?
Here are just a few ideas to get you started!
- Sydney Running Festival, Sydney, Sep 15 2019
- City Bay Fun Run Adelaide, Sep 15 2019
- Melbourne Marathon, Oct 13 2019
- City2Sea Melbourne, Nov 12 2019
- The Colour Run, Sydney Nov 10 & Melbourne Nov 24
SCAI sponsors almost 500 children with education scholarships in remote areas, to prevent highly vulnerable children from being trafficked, otherwise separated from their families and sent to orphanages/children’s homes in the hope of a better life and education or forced to work to earn income for the family.
The incredibly generous and dedicated long-term sponsor of this program which sponsors 86 children is unfortunately unable to continue their sponsorship, so we are trying desperately to raise $50,000 to enable us to continue sponsoring these 86 children for the next 2 years as planned.
Whether you raise $1,000 $5,000 or $10,000 every bit will help us keep the children in the program and with their families.
Raising funds for SCAI not only allows us to help these children, it will no doubt bring a great deal of satisfaction to you and your friends, when you see the funds you raised helping change their lives, as many of you have seen with your own sponsor children.
If your interests lie more in music, art, cooking or socialising rather than physical activity, you can make a difference by:
- putting on a small concert
- holding a dinner party and ask people to donate what they would have spent on a night out
- asking your child’s school to hold a gold coin donation day or do it at your workplace
- ask your company if they will match your donations to SCAI
- The ideas are endless!
To get started is as easy as ek, dui, tin or 1,2,3!
- Decide on your fundraising challenge
- Set up a funding page through Give Now’s “Crowdraiser” or any other of your choice (we can help as much as is needed)
- Share your page to your social networks or email asking them to support your quest!
See here for more details https://scai.org.au/take-on-a-fundraising-challenge
It’s a quick, easy, fun way to help us raise much needed funds! Please email email@example.com with any queries or ideas.
Thank you once again for your ongoing support, we sincerely appreciate it!
All donations $2 and over in Australia are tax deductible.
Emma and the SCAI Team
“Bringing a brighter future to Nepal’s children in need”
Member of ReThink Orphanages Australia