Attached to today’s article is a video, a wonderful thought provoking inspirational video about success and failure. Save the link for when you’ve got time… it is a video TED TALK by Alain de Botton:
A real estate tycoon who was struggling with life came up to me at the end of a speaking engagement and said:
“before this talk i thought I’d had twenty years experience selling realestate … now I realise I’ve had one year experience twenty times…
- Experience is a very bad teacher. It shows you what you should’ve or could’ve done to prevent what you have done….
- if you make the same mistake twice, it’s time to change your teacher…
- If you make the same mistake three times, change what you are doing, the motivation to learn is always linked to the incentive to learn.
- Failure is no measure of life. Failure is the essential 50% of success balance.
- You can’t be good at everything. Choose your aim wisely.
Have a wonderful day
Chris (your coach) Walker (the anti guru guru)