If one spent their whole life doing nothing other than opening their heart and developing the qualities of the heart, it is no exaggeration to say that this effort alone would bring them to the highest goal of human life. Because it is through the heart that one finds their truth, overcomes self-doubt and within the heart that one finds their vision, inspiration and purpose in life.
For many years Corporations have made the mistake of compartmentalising the development of people with the aim of increasing productivity and yet, the total human being, the heart, quality of life, relationship and other aspects of the human condition were ignored. It bred a whole generation of sexist, racist and discriminatory individuals whose mission was profit at all cost. But as we enter an era of hyper accelerated decision making the demands on individuals to bring their total capacity to work means it is essential to include heart, creativity, inspiration and non rational intellect in human development and human potential growth at work. It means a new understanding of “the Total Human Dynamic.”
1. Put Heart as a Training Module in All Education
At Innerwealth, we believe that the human heart must be included in all coaching for personal development. It is the opportunity to explore the real essence of personal happiness and begin to understand the vast difference between mind and heart as a focus for living and ultimately overcome self-doubt. Your heart is the core of your deepest humanity. When you have finished exploring intellect and attending ceremonies, when you are exhausted from trying to change the unchangeable, filled with self-doubt, then you come to rest in your heart. So it solves many problems and inspires many opportunities.
2. Improves Interpersonal Motivation and Sales
There is great leadership in the human heart. Your heart and the hearts and minds of those you lead and love are one, you are interconnected, no need to compare, you are a part of something bigger, where your individuality is transient, the moment becomes important and we all relax in the knowledge that you have some control over what could happen next. It is only the human heart that can love without condition. It is here that strength and conviction emanate. Compassion and loving-kindness live in the heart and it is here that one feels authentic. It is through the heart that we can find the way to treat humanity while being true to ourselves. So, it would seem automatic that we would want to work, live and play from the heart. We would, in other words, want to keep our heart open in hell.
3. Speak from your heart to be heard…
The mind thinks, the body feels, the heart engages. The heart represents the essential nature of a person and thus authenticity. It makes communication so much better and easier. The development of the heart; the unfolding of the heart and the illumination of the heart are of the utmost importance. Your heart is the centre around which your life can revolve. But it is not an emotional centre and it’s not warm and fuzzy. The heart is often mistaken as a nice fuzzy feeling in the centre of the chest. That is not the heart but the body feelings and emotional centre. People go off to yoga and meditation courses and confuse and distract themselves by mistaking the heart for emotion. We are instead, talking about the inspired heart: not a feeling but rather a knowing, called the inner voice, it is not a voice at all. Called the heart, it’s not the physical one. It is a pure knowing, wisdom. No words can describe it and yet, you know that you know when you have it. It’s very powerful.
4. It’s Evolutionary so others will trust you…
To find your heart is to find your path, a path that doesn’t waver, it’s also to hold a certain centre, and be true to yourself and others. It all begins with gaining a true sense of your being. It’s a way to think and feel that reflects your true nature, it is natural, and, it creates a certain inner confidence, a strength, and builds a foundation from which your life may evolve. It can’t be separate practice from daily life because it is life itself.
5. It’s Balanced, Centred and Calm
To find and follow your heart doesn’t mean rushing around solving the world’s problems either, because those obstacles are countless and that rushing around is in itself part of the world’s problems. By listening to your own heart, to your own particular gifts, it enables you to focus on what you really love to do and to express yourself without tension or reaction. The deepest experience of life is awakened when each individual finally takes this opportunity. We become the mirror of the change we would love to see in the world; we must first learn to love ourselves and to find peace and harmony within. It means “liking” yourself.
6. Digging Deep – You Lead by Goodness
When we explore the term heart in common language we find that ‘heart’ means the central or innermost part of something such as the ‘heart of the city’, it also means the essential or vital part of something such as “what is the heart of the matter?” A person with a ‘lot of heart’ is someone with determination. To ‘lose heart’ means to be discouraged so we see that the will of a person emanates from their heart. We refer to the heart when we talk about generosity or sincerity as well as consideration, understanding and helpfulness as when we say, “He has a big heart.” or “She is a dear heart.” When a person is cruel or mean or when someone shows no regard for others we say, “His heart is closed or small or cold or that he has no heart at all.”
7. You Go Home A Better Parent, Friend and Partner
The surface of our being is mind, (emotion) while the depth of it is heart. The heart is clarity the mind is personality. It is through the heart that we feel ourselves or know ourselves. Once a person understands their True Nature, the character and the mystery of heart, they understand the language of the whole of creation because they know truth. So we have choices. Listen to this heart or listen to the mind and its stories or fear and uncertainty. It takes a certain trust, a trust that, when faced with what seems to be an insurmountable challenge, we will survive. It does not necessitate becoming religious. The spiritual life is not lived in temples, or on particular days of worship, nor is it only reverence to a statue or icon; it is lived every single moment of our lives. From what people see of us, and what we think, to our secret thoughts and our secret ideas.
8. Be at the Centre of Causality
For some people life is a random set of events they believe they have little control over. This is a difficult life. Others don’t care and hand over the power to determine the results of their life to a boss or partner, parent or even the universe. But I believe we are all born with everything we need to live our life to our fullest potential, it’s just a matter of knowing what that is, and what we need to do to cause it.
9. HOW DO I PUT MY HEART INTO LIFE AND LEADERSHIP?
- I need a purpose greater than me…. “Inspire Human Potential Globally”
- An inner vision of what I am creating: I see a world – especially at work, where there is calm, a reduction in anger, violence, greed and and people enjoying their work, coming home happy, loving their kids, wellness, harmonious homes, inspired people.
- A written vision about what you are creating: A global reach for the Innerwealth brand to promote non violence, to boost individual responsibility for changing the way we think and act toward each other and the planet.
- An outer environment conducive to creating: I live with my very inspired, professional athlete, Olympic dreaming partner, in magic bondi right near the ocean, I am not isolated from violence, in fact Bondi is rife with it, but nature abounds and so I’m both in a great place myself but also aware of the work ahead and the need for a new leadership in human development instead of pure success based self management. A reduction in drug dependence starting with pharmaceuticals. So my life inspires me. I also go to Nepal, the inspiration capital of the world regularly. (57 times so far)
- An inner self-talk that coaches you forward and upward. You are a genius and you apply your wisdom. You change the world. Your work inspires a transformation in individuals and it spreads global. You work with amazing people who support and love the mission.
- Self belief stronger than self-doubt: I’ve been hit fair in the face, in the heart nearly 30 times in my life, smashed, broken, down, destroyed, ruined, and I’ve stood back up, dusted myself off, rebooted, re-inspired and re-committed myself to live to my potential. I know that i know, and therefore my self belief, although destroyed many times, is greater than my self doubt.
- An infrastructure that matches with your pathway: A divorce separated me from my amazing children. They grew up all the better for their world travels with their new step father. Nobody can replace me, just replace what i do. From this seeming disaster, I’ve built a global business I’ve changed lives and inspired potential throughout the world, changed companies, countries and rescued those in dire need. My freedom, the freedom I tried to stop, allowed me to serve my purpose. (we sabotage anything that doesn’t link to our purpose in life)
- Big Balls (excuse the sexism): I grew up in Mildura, bush Mildura, i mean really bush, and sweet Chris got smashed (my nickname was Sunshine) until school knocked that out of me. I’ve had the balls to rebuild that Sunshine. The world puts things in your face that seem impossible, they’re not, just education.
- Attitude of gratitude: to say I’m a grateful guy is a lie. I have to work day and night on it. That’s why I have a coach too. I need my arse kicked, just like you to stay thankful. It’s tough.
In a previous article I wrote about Self-Sabotage I called it “Inverse Causation” – Causing what you don’t want. So, with that as a backdrop, and not wanting any reader to play victim in things that happen to them at work or home, we can present the concepts of causation here as the framework for the coaching course I’ve created. The course goes for 6 weeks and lasts a lifetime.
10. Some Coaching Modules that Help Bring More Heart to Leadership and Life.
- Is what you’re doing leading to what you want?
- Doing the right thing?
- Causing the right thing
- Doing no intentional harm to others
- Manifestation process
- Daily rituals and routines for causation
- The Source of Energy
- The Importance of Good Vision
- Feedback and Important steps
- Arrogance is essential
- Avoiding dead ends
- Knowing exactly what you want
- Measuring your life
- Focussing the mind
- Mental Strength
- Holding the space
- Beware of substitutes
- Red Flags
- No Blames or Victims
- Beware what you ask for
- Goals and are they required?
- Treat yourself as you wish to become
ALSO THIS ONE
- Move Past Anger, Fear and Reactions in deciding how we will measure our life
- Do a vision statement for whole of life
- Explore what we want to “JOB TO BE DONE” as process
- Examine Current daily routine, thoughts, beliefs and behaviours.
- Align Measure, Job, Action