In this corporate training retreat or workshop, you can wonder and explore “Total Human Awareness.” What you learn quickly is that all inspired teams come from a team of inspired people, and that means that each individual has a great personal Vision.
To hold a great vision individuals need to be very good at being in the moment, almost Zen like appreciation of the Now, otherwise they burn out in the process of living.
Inspired people also have a purpose greater than themselves in order rise above their ego, not be knocked down by life’s challenges, maintain mental and physical health and sustain their energy over the long haul.
You do not want your team to learn the hard way. It’s too expensive both personally and professionally.
You want to put wise minds on young shoulders and one genius way to do that is to create an opportunity for team members to wonder and explore their personal. Vision, Inspiration and Purpose.
Exploring a vision, inspiration and purpose statement tests our ability to be balanced in all seven areas of life. It upgrades our view, clears debris and fog from the past and kick starts us fresh each time we go back and look over it (recommended daily). Ultimately, to wonder and explore our vision, inspiration and purpose guarantees the team comes together for optimum performance at work and significantly, no big awful, surprises at home.
Here’s a typical VIP Statement Template I would use in guiding a client through the process:
I, …………………………. do hereby declare before myself, others and ………………………. that my primary purpose in life is to ……………………………….
I do this as a ……………………………………………………………………..
For this I need and have …………., …………………,……………
The three independent and yet totally collusive aspects to a VIP Statement are:
Vision … Harnessing the turbulence and energy of your ego toward a powerful set of outcomes
Inspiration … Learning to be happy with what you’ve got, content, fulfilled with life as it is right now.
Purpose… Meaning and a Purpose beyond self. (This is not volunteer work)
Let’s Explore The Skills Needed for a Great Vision…
There are seven areas of life and therefore you have seven visions. A terrible mistake is to draft a vision statement without including all seven areas.
Each area will be of differing value to you. However, all have equal importance. Those visions of lower value need to demand less time, not less effort.
Hence we create a priority, not to exclude a vision in a low priority area but to include it with a highly sophisticated process of achievement. How to get more done in less time is the motto of low value vision areas.
High value vision areas are best turned into high time focus. And, if possible, career.
A vision statement is always broken down into three layers… BE, DO, HAVE…
The reason we break the vision into BE, DO, HAVE is that we want MIND, BODY, EMOTION (SPIRIT) Engagement in the vision. Be is Emotion, Do is mind, Have is body. Any vision that does not include all three levels will not fully motivate and therefore will struggle.
Let’s Explore The Skills Needed to Be Inspired…
Your inspiration is ZEN. It is the ability to TURN UP, right here, right now, 110% inspired and therefore happy.
If you are in a state of WANTING then you are not in a state of inspiration.
How do you turn up everyday inspired?
- Recognise that every judgement you have toward others is disempowering you and leaking energy.. in other words … uninspiring.
- Accept that all judgement is an attempt to be better than or worse than someone else which is universally impossible and a total waste of life, time, breath and effort.
- Realise that thinking cannot cause inspiration. Inspiration is action and activity with intensity.
- Stress, worry, anxiety, fear, guilt are anti inspirational emotions.. you need to have an instantaneous process to rebound from all of them without days of delay.
- Inspiration at home is different than inspiration at work.
- Nobody shits on you more than you. Nobody gives you the shits more than you do. Nobody can inspire you more than you. There’s a big chunk of unlearning needed here.
- Love and inspiration are not the same. Love your work but you don’t always like it. Love your partner but not always like them. Love your kids but not always like them. But Inspiration is to like whatever you do, whoever it is, regardless.
- To be inspired you cannot think and therefore the state of inspiration comes from “I need nothing, Want nothing and therefore I have everything” meaning you feel complete, desireless and satisfied.
- In a state of inspiration, ideas and choices and inspirations come through you. You’ve just got to learn to shut up and listen.
Best way to learn to be inspired is to lose everything, get manic depression, fail, get divorced, go broke, be totally humiliated, attract calamities and live through a personal disaster. OR…
Learn the DISCARD PROCESS –
Let’s Explore The Skills Needed to Be On Purpose
Most great people have a purpose greater than themselves. The reason for this is that after 10 years of success and making money, going on holidays, having children and inviting your parents to stay… life becomes so frigging boring … and mischief arrives in the form of excitement. An affair, climb Mount Everest, Base jump, … you know, adrenalin shit that will seriously put your whole life’s work in jeopardy.
Purpose is not a fun loving, fulfillment giving sense of righteousness. What it is, is a reason to get out of bed when everything, I mean everything, has become ground hog day. The opposite to happiness is not unhappiness, it’s boredom.
Purpose relieves boredom, saves marriages, builds business, creates communities and keeps your own heart open in hell. That’s the choice. Be in the asylum or get a guest pass.
Nobody says it better than my old mate Eddie Stern and Deepak here.