Great Article on Success
Eric Barker writes Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
- Self-discipline is a better predictor of success than IQ.
- Gay men have 12 percent lower personal incomes and lesbians have 15 percent higher personal incomes than heterosexual men and women.
- Nice guys make less money, rude people have higher credit scores and being ethical can hurt your income.
- Taller people make more money and it’s because they’re smarter. Thin women make more money. Weight has a positive effect on men’s salary until they’re obese.
- Beautiful people are more successful and it’s largely because they’re more confident. Beautiful people are likely to be happier, earn more money, get a bank loan with a lower interest rate and marry a good-looking and highly educated spouse. Hot college professors make more and your house will sell for more money if your real estate agent is attractive.
- Married men make more than single men. This is even true for professional baseball players. It isn’t true for gay men, however.
- People with easy to pronounce names and wives who don’t take their husband’s name have higher incomes.